Weekends workshops and evening sewing courses, London
Learn basic sewing techniques from leading fashion designer, Lena Santana, at her studios in Central London. No previous experience required. These short courses are aimed at beginners and those with rusty sewing experience. The class will take you through the process of making up a simple skirt.
On this course you will...
• become familiar with hand-stitching techniques for preparing a garment to be sewn
• practice using a sewing machine, including how to put in a zip master four different types of hems
• make a pattern from a simple block
• learn how to take accurate measurements
• work through the process of cutting out, constructing and finishing a skirt
All materials are provided and there will be refreshments available throughout.
Course Structure: Four weekday evenings - 6.30pm to 9.00pm OR One Weekend - Saturday & Sunday - 10:30am to 4:30pm.
29th - 30th September 2012.
6th - 7th October 2012.
10th - 11th November 2012.
20th September - 11th October 2012, Thursday Evenings.
17th October - 7th November 2012, Wednesday Evenings.